Health

Cornerstone of healthy eating

 

Fruits are a fundamental basis of a balanced diet and are low in calories, which helps your body to be healthy in the most natural possible way. They are a special food group, as their nutrients are easily absorbed. These foods, which can be enjoyed naturally at any time of the day, as they provide the minerals, vitamins, water and fibre that the body needs in order to function optimally. 

 

The consumption of fruits facilitates digestive processes, maintains the skin's elasticity and reinforces the immune system. They do not contain fat and provide simple sugars that help the body to generate calories in a healthy and, above all, natural way. 

Can fruits help me to lose weight?

 

Yes, without a doubt. However, you should combine their consumption with some other healthy habits, like regular exercise and other products of vegetable origin, which are one of the pillars of healthy eating, due to their vitamins, fibre and antioxidants

What are fruits composed of?

 

Fruits are 90% water, which makes them a moisturiser par excellence. The remaining 10 percent is composed of carbohydrates (fructose), organic acids, vitamins (such as A, C, and a large part of Group B), fibre, and mineral salts. The fat and protein content is very low. As for vitamins, their absorption is greater when fruits are ingested whole, hopefully with their skin, which contributes to the formation of fibre. Vitamins A and C help us to assimilate elements such as iron, calcium and phosphorus.

It is important to consume these fruits in order to increase the presence of vitamin C and thereby strengthen the immune system. Vitamin C prevents anaemia, joint pain, irritability, and helps fight the flu virus. 

 

Vitamin A also contributes to improving the immune system, as well as improving visual problems, helping to fight respiratory infections, promoting growth and facilitating the skin's healing processes.

Nutritional values of FruitAppetite fruits


Fruits contain the average nutritional values displayed in the following table: